Training Course Calendar
Please search the calendar below for the start dates of our training courses.
Please Note: Many of our training courses do not have an official start date and can be joined at any period throughout the week and year. For more information and a consultation, contact the Training Manager today.
- This course has passed.
8th November 2016
The development of pulsed MAGS welding has revolutionised the welding of aluminium structures. Aluminium can now be welded in all positions.
During the five day course, trainees will receive instruction and will be able to demonstrate their ability and understanding of how to:
- Protect themselves and others from the risks involved with welding.
- Identify equipment and key safe working practises.
- Select and use a range of equipment and welding consumables.
- Select welding parameters and program them into a Synergic Machine.
- Produce a preliminary welding procedure specification and work within its scope.
- Produce a single-run and multi-run fillet in all positions.
- Produce a lap fillet in all positions.
- Undertake a coded welding test.
- Leave welding equipment safe and fit for others to use.
This 5 day course is internally certified by CEATA.
Welding training is delivered in accordance with the requirements of BS 4872-1 which means successful assessment could allow trainees to qualify as a coded welder: All trainees will undertake practical assessment and could be certified to ISO 9606-2 (aluminium), EN 287-1 (steel or stainless steel) or BS 4872 Parts 1 or 2.
Who is the Course for?
- Professional welders.
- Engineering Apprentices in Years 3 and 4.
- Welders wanting to re-train to update their welding skills and become coded.
How To Apply
There are several ways that you can apply:
- Apply online.
- Call reception on 0115 986 6321 and to arrange an appointment with Karen Hodgson or Stuart Hackett to visit the training academy or arrange for a member of our team to visit you.
Canal Engineering Ltd
Our Training Academy is located on Lenton Lane at the HQ of Canal Engineering.
Canal Engineering is a busy fabrication and welding company with 100 employees on site. Trainees will benefit from seeing first-hand the activities involved in engineering operations as well as being required to conform to real safe working practises, production and quality management systems.
This is not a simulated training environment although trainees will normally be under close, expert supervision in the dedicated Engineering Training Academy.
Call us Today
To discuss a training course, arrange a visit to the Academy and receive expert advice, please contact the CEATA Training Manager; you’ll be glad you did!Call: 0115 986 6321 or Email Us